Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The day I became a WEAKLING!










So, last year I got some misfortunes and I wrote about it in one of my blog posts. 
I wasn't prepared for what other people think about me after all of these misfortunes. I thought when I healed everything will be fine like nothing happened. But what I didn't know is that the people around me think otherwise. They now see me as a damsel in distress and a weakling. At first, I thought it was because I was still healing, but it will be a year soon and I am totally healed but they still think that I am this vulnerable person and again a weakling. Well, you see I use to be this strong person (that's how they see me) physically. In our department whenever there are things that are heavy and needed to be lifted they always rely on me. But now when I lift something they would always remind me of my injured hand and that they would always take it from me. They never fail to remind me to be careful and all. I do appreciate it but sometimes it kind of annoys me, I mean I know that I got injured and that I need to be careful, they don't have to remind me every time about it. I have these friends who are always worried whenever I lift things or carry a lot of things. Even though I was using the other hand they still think I'm too weak to carry it. As simple as walking, going down, or up the stairs or doing something using my hand they would always remind me to be careful or again they would do it themselves. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's annoying. Ugh, I really didn't expect it to be like this.

Well maybe I needed reminding, I don't know really. Just last week I slipped on a slippery floor. The funny thing was I reminded myself to be careful and not to walk on the part but...yeah I still did walk on the part and baaam I slipped. Like how on earth I am like this. It always happens to me. I hate it. To be honest I feel like I will be the cause of my own demise. Seriously sometimes it scares me. Just how many times I dodge being hit by a vehicle but what if I won't be fast or quick or lucky next time. I got hit once and I am hoping against hope it won't happen again. I seriously need to upgrade my focus and attention whenever I'm outside and especially crossing the streets. It is because more often than not my mind would just automatically wander or just in dazed with my surrounding. I should really improve myself in terms of being alert and aware. I love mindless walking but I think I should not practice it. 

Oh well, I just want to let it out, what I feel about these people thinking that I'm a weakling and it's no use telling them that I'm fine because they already marked me as such. 


No comments:

Post a Comment