Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pattaya Escapade

Well its been a while since my last post...been busy these days. Much as I want to update my blog I don't have a lot of time and I'm quiet lazy ^^ I haven't decided to whether make a video of our Singapore trip or not...I really wanna share my videos inside Universal Studio but it will be a bloody task since the files are big and its not easy to edit on videopad ^^ and I'm also thinking of this new project to post here which I will be showing about being a teacher here in Thailand. I filmed my videos already and there goes my problem again with the video making. So while I'm still battling with these two let me post my Pattaya experience.

Pattaya is a place here in Thailand that is known for its ''red light''district. Its like Sin City and a lot of tourist are visiting and exploring the place. Well if you want to have fun and party and girls and boys they all have it there. Its not my first time in the city since we had a one day tour last year but we weren't able to really see around the city. This time we made sure to check out what's in there and surprise! surprise! its not that bad after all. Despite all the bad things that I heard about the city and that made me somewhat not so fond of it I really enjoyed it there. We went to the Walking Street (the red light district) the moment we enter the place there are long line of bars and clubs. Its packed of people locals and tourists alike. We saw girls wearing sexy costumes inviting costumers, girls in sexy two piece outfit, girls on this glass room dancing and "ladyboy" (gays) as Thai people call them. Guys who are showing a menu of girls that you can choose. Loud music everywhere since they have live bands performing on some bars and clubs.

So we walked and walked and walked till the end of the street (which is a bit calmer), checking out the place and stuff. When we went back we chill on Hot Tuna Bar sippin' some drinks enjoying the music and that handsome vocalist (hahaha) and after that we went to this club and we dance and sing and drink again. It was a fun night.

The next day we went to the beach Koh Larn Island. We paid not over 100 bhat for the boat fare and we we went to Samae Beach. They have different beaches you can choose where to go. Last year we went to Ta Waen Beach the most famous and most crowded beach. Samae Beach is way better and quieter. Pattaya's beaches are not as good as Koh Samed. It may not be as beautiful as the other beaches here in Thailand but its the nearest in Bangkok and other cities so it attracts more tourists that the other places.

Visiting to Pattaya is a good deal since you can enjoy the night life and visit the infamous red light district and if you want to just sit back and relax they have nice beaches you can visit. Food is great and seafood is pretty cheap so if your a seafood lover you'll surely be full ^^
We didn't have enough money (just being honest here) to explore more. But I heard there are other tourists spot that you can visit in Pattaya, well maybe next time.

Tips:
Visit the Walking Street
Walk and explore (we paid 300 bhat every time we rode a songtiew taxi when in fact we can walk from our hotel to the walking street and to other places)
Just ignore the "girls" and have fun.
Don't go to Ta Waen beach you'll get disappointed.
When you want to go to Koh Larn Island take the ferry boat its cheaper, though it takes 45 minutes to reach the island by ferry boat its a good deal. Others may offer the speed boat coz its faster but its too expensive and geez its a hell of a ride!(speaking from my first visit)






































































No comments:

Post a Comment